Feast n' Flix
Home » » The Wasp and Ant-Man

The Wasp and Ant-Man

Written By FeastnFlix on Tuesday, May 1, 2018 | 7:53 AM


This morning the latest trailer for Ant-Man and the Wasp hit and all I can think of is how much it really should be called The Wasp and Ant-Man. Between the two, Wasp (played by Evangeline Lilly) has the most actions scenes in the trailer and is doing some Black Widow level fight choreography mixed in with the shrinking-growing effect and it looks great!
And Wasp isn't the only female kicking butt; The Ghost also has some insane looking fight scenes. In the comics I remember The Ghost being a male character, but I have no problem with this gender swap. The Ghost's ability to phase from tangible to intangible as quickly as Wasp and Ant-Man can shrink and grow will make for a visually stunning fight sequence.
In the comics both Ant-Man and Wasp (Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne respectively) were founding members of the Avengers and while I know we will never see Pym and Van Dyne in the big screen lineup, this film leads me to believe that we just might see Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne join the team.
The trailer also suggests a tone of fun and comedy akin to the fist Ant-Man; especially with the return of the criminals played by Michael Pena, T.I., and David Dastmalchian. We also see a bit of Laurence Fishburne but still no shots of Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet Van Dyne. I imagine there is a reason Marvel is holding back on her trailer appearance but I am very anxious to see what she brings to Marvel's table.
May 2019 may not come soon enough for Avengers 4, but at least we will have The Wasp and Ant-Man to hold us over. Yes I am still calling it The Wasp and Ant-Man because I believe Wasp is going to steal the movie just like she stole the trailer.

SHARE

About FeastnFlix

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system